Community Energy Planning
What is CEP?
A Community Energy Plan (CEP) allows a community to understand their energy use – where it comes from (supply), how it is used (demand), predict future energy requirements and then identify practical opportunities to:
- Use energy more efficiently and reduce waste and greenhouse gas emissions
- Substitute cleaner more sustainable energy supplies for less sustainable and more carbon intensive sources of energy in order to meet current and future energy requirements.
Goals of the CEP
- Protect, respect, care for the environment
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions causing climate change
- Reduce economic leakage…build energy independence
- Reduce operating costs
- Create employment
- Support development of sustainable revenue streams based on the emerging clean energy, low carbon economy
- Engage members in understanding and individual action
- Position your businesses to lead and provide services