Jobs & More
Firewood Processor Operator (Trainee)
Posted October 5, 2020
The immediate opportunity is to receive 5 to 10 days of paid training – working as part of a work crew and processing the logs salvaged from the Three Nations Energy Solar Farm to produce firewood. This work will be scheduled from October 2020 to December 2020, with exact schedule to be determined once workers are confirmed. This work will position the trainees for ongoing work with Three Nations Energy in the future.
- Operating the firewood processor to cut and split firewood
- Handling logs to guide them from the in-feed table to the firewood processor
- Operating a chainsaw to cut logs into manageable lengths for loading onto the in-feed table
- Conducting daily inspection, cleaning, and basic maintenance of the firewood processor
- Cleanup of sawdust, chips, and debris from the work site
- Follow all worksite safety procedures
- May involve driving a truck with dump trailer to deliver cut firewood
- Candidates must be physically fit
- Ability to lift heavy objects
- Experience operating a chainsaw would be an asset
- Experience operating and maintaining small engines would be an asset
- Class 5 driver’s license would be an asset
- All candidates must have their own steel-toed boots and work gloves. Eye and ear protection will be provided.
Application Process: Interested applicants are invited to E-mail a covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note the position of ‘Firewood Processor Operator (Trainee)’ in the subject line.
Closing Date: Applications will be accepted until the trainee positions are filled. Work is scheduled for early November 2020.